The Cannes Film festival provides some of the most inspirational work, on film, and on fabric.
From the finest French cutwork lace to the totally regal glam-rock look of the 80s, we saw it all. The Cannes festival is traditionally filled with richness - be it with the clothes, the jewellery, the hairdos or the make up. While this was largely true at the Cannes 2016 red carpet too, one trend which took everyone by surprise was minimalism.
These were our favourite minimal looks:
1. Layering it nice and easy - Kristen Stewart : This star, known for her casual and quirky style, makes her statement loud and clear with soft subtlety. She wore a simple white on white Co-ord set and mixed high end fashion with street style by tying up the look with a bunch of layered necklaces!
2. Totally Posh and a l’il bit Spicy - Victoria Beckham (Image collage of this and this) : We are totally swooning over Mrs.Beckham for owning the red carpet. She totally played up the #bosslady look in an off-shoulder jumpsuit and a beautifully cut diamond and platinum bracelet/bangle.
3. Bling on the Bump - Blake Lively (Image collage of this and this) : This mother-to-be walked the red carpet this year looking drop-dead gorgeous in a turquoise Versace Gown. She chose a simple pair tear drop earrings and a diamond encrusted finger-palm-and wrist bracelet to accessorize her look.
4. Rocking her Return - Kate Moss : Kate made her Cannes appearance after a 15 year hiatus and blazed up the red carpet in her off-shoulder, layered, floor length red dress. She completed her very Grecian look with a pair of uncut diamond drops and a top knot!
5. Blast from the Past - Aishwarya Rai : Cannes became a household name in India about 12 years ago with our very own Miss World being invited there. So while some were on the fence about her 2016 look, we went into the archives to pull out some timeless. We loved her 2009 look in an angelic Roberto Cavalli White gown and a pair of pearl drop earrings. Reminding us all she’s the real Queen Bee *wink wink*.
You Can Nail It Too
With these actresses as an inspiration we’ve put together a minimalistic look you can recreate too. So go ahead, get red carpet ready today!